Webinars of Interest
1. The Wild Ones national office has many great webinars available through the website.
2. Here is a webinar from Penn State Extension on Gardening for Pollinators using native plants. https://psu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/1_acxlndjw
3. Here is a webinar on native plants and pollinators from the Ecological Landscape Alliance featuring Heather Holm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxmysJbOS_Y
4. Here is an interesting video about lichens in Michigan's Upper Peninsula with Ecologist Ryne Rutherford. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFT-rBo7SGQ&feature=youtu.be
5. Learn how to identify and support native pollinators and other beneficial insects by watching Ohio State University's Partners for Pollinators free webinars. The speakers include such nationally recognized experts as Doug Tallamy, Heather Holm and more. https://u.osu.edu/certify/springauthors/
6. Learn about shade gardens from the University of Illinois Extension. Watch the "Shade Gardens: Native Plants & Ecological Benefits" webinar by following this link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm7-kpk2te4
7. For help identifying grasses in the landscape, check out the University of Illinois Extension "Which Grass is Which?" video series by following this link: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIq7XlTOe3anx_NO5MYYauKQA5vl_JBnb
8. The Pierce Cedar Creek Institute has a video on Goldenrod identification entitled "The Golden Rules of Goldenrods": https://youtu.be/5DtmD4chFac
9. The University of Illinois Extension has created some great free webinars. In the "Everyday Environment" series you can watch "Planning for Pollinators this Fall". Past webinars are available on the Illinois Extension YouTube channel.
10. Monarch Gardens LLC offers a number of video lectures on how to design native gardens with layers for low maintenance and high wildlife value. Each video lecture is presented by Benjamin Vogt, author of A New Garden Ethic and Prairie Up. The videos average $29 each but multiple videos can be purchased at a reduced cost.
11. The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation offers many great webinars. On April 27, 2023 1:00-2:00 pm ET watch "Herbicides: A Double-Edged Sword? What We Know about Herbicide Impacts on Pollinators." Get up to speed on what's currently known about the direct and indirect effects of herbicides on pollinators. The webinar will also be recorded and available on their YouTube channel. Click here to register.